Monday, December 29, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Art Cloth #2, Steps 1-2
- Rust gelatin prints
- Rust squished brush strokes
Art Cloth #2, Step 3
- Turquoise irregularly shaped prints using a weatherstrip stamp to minic shapes of some of the gelatin plates.
Art Cloth #2, Step 4
- Applied light yellow-orange glaze
Art Cloth #2, Step 5
- Metallic light turqoise stamped on with sponge
Art Cloth #2, Step 6
- Mellic copper mixed with glass bead gel which was applied with a stencil brush using a freezer paper stencil of spirit people motifs
Art Cloth #2, Step 7
- Metallic light turqoise stamped on with sponge over spirit people motifs
I am not that thrilled with this finished piece. I think it is the dark green rock shapes. Do you like it?
Also, I think Step 6 looks better in the photo than it did in person. The spirit people looked more prominent to me when the piece was on my design wall; however, maybe I should have lived with it a little before added the turquoise sponging over them. One thing I noticed as I took pictures of the steps is that the work almost always looked better in the photo than on the design wall. Any thoughts?
- Turquoise gelatin prints
- Smaller rust gelatin prints
- Rust prints using eraser stamps
- Blue-violet and violet monoprints using large gelatin plate
- Blue-violet and blue spiral prints using eraser stamps
Art Cloth #1, Step 6
- Applied light mauve glaze
- Metallic copper spiral prints using weatherstrip stamp
Friday, December 12, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Last week, I started working on some samples. The first set of samples were sun printed.
This one I scrunched up and left it for 5 minutes. Then I unwrapped it and let it dry.
I sun printed this fabric with a rubber carpet grid which had been stored folded up. As a result not all of it laid flat on the fabric producing faded areas of the grid on the fabric. I liked this serendipitous result.